12/06/2005

Day 2 Chess Vision

To be honest, after playing chess for almost 25 years doing these chess vision excercises feels kind of silly. However, as MDLM talks about in his articles, doing micro drills is what keeps athletes in shape. Even the pro's throw the ball around the infield before each inning. I'm going to give it the fair shot it deserves, I just feel a bit foolish doing it.

So after doing the concentric circle last night, I spent some time identifying the color of squares without looking at the board. I also tried some problems like naming the square a Knight has to be on to fork two peices on forkable squares, again without a board.

Finally I spent about 30 minutes working on the knight tour I posted yesterday. Sadly I couldn't solve it. I always got stuck with 1 square untouched.

Working out of the office today so no mid-day posts :P

1 comment:

Montse said...

you need 4 moves to reach your black square, from number 39, 43 41 or 53 and there are many ways to get there.For instance 41, 42, 57, 56 and next move you hit your black square. or 41, 42, 27, 26 and there you have it again or 40, 41, 61, 16 and your black square. the thing is how many ways to get to your black square; that's the real question.