12/05/2005

Day 1 complete

So yesterday I did my first official day of MDLM by doing the concentric circles excercise on a real board, with real peices. I went through the whole excercise with all four peices. I think the first thing I realized after doing this is just how much stronger the queen is than the other peices, and how the bishop and rook seem to be more on par with each other than the bishop and knight do. The bishop and rook patterns are really similar.

I played a few more FICS games and continued to win. This time without blunders. Provisional rating after 12 standard time control games is now 1806.

Tonight is Club Night, and I will do the concentric circles excercises again when I get home.

This is interesting: http://enchantedmind.com/puzzles/knights/knight.html

1 comment:

Calvin said...

just fyi, i answered your question by commenting on my own blog.