12/18/2005

Day 14 of Chess Vision in the books.


So its been 2 full weeks of Chess vision exercises and I have to say I'm glad that its time for the next step. On to "Knight Sight". To be perfectly honest with the MDLM crew out there, I didn't do the exercises all 14 nights, I think I did it 11 of the 14 days, and only 8 of those times did I do the exercise with Queen, Rook, Bishop and Knight. The other three days I only did Queen because I found it much more difficult. It did get dull after a while. I really liked fussylizard's chessvision trainer though.

So two weeks of Knight sight excercises and its on to the circles. As for the Knight sight stuff, I plan to follow the knight sight recommendations laid out in the original MDLM article. I did use an actual, physical, board for the chess vision exercises and I plan to again for the knight sight stuff.

In other news, I still suck at Blitz as anyone on FICS who has ever played me can attest. Apparently my corres game isn't much better, just take a look at Time For Chess Online Chess (My games) for evidence.

3 comments:

Ed Doyle said...

Had a look at a few of these games. Some nice wins there. Actually that time for chess site is quite good. I have signed up under the name 'St Patzer' maybe we can play at some point

Jeff said...

Sure... next time I finish a game I will try to challenge you.

Home Renovation Dayton said...

Thank you for shharing this