12/20/2005

Aggravating PGN issues

Well I was going to post the PGN from a game I played at the club last night. Well technically I still am, but at this point I am beyond frustrated. Because this was a club game I had to come home and create the PGN by hand and for some reason it doesn't want to work properly in my PGN viewer unless I put another game in the file with it first. So in this PGN link you will see both last nights club game and the last game I posted as well.

The club game is the second game in the viewer, John E vs. Qxh7, the game resulted in a draw when I blundered into stalemating him. I really should have won. The last 15 moves or so went unrecorded due to time pressure. I continue to struggle with the pace of g/30. One week I play too fast and make blitz style errors, the next week I play too slowly and end up in a time crunch for endgames that deserve better treatment. Unfortunatly g/30 is the preferred time control at the Waterville Club, so I better adapt to it if I want to be successful.


ARGHHH.




Beyond that I'm also a bit dissappointed with HIARCS for Palm. I got my Xmas present a bit early and I've had a few problems doing Hot Synch's with HIARCS installed. Also you can't just copy a PGN file with multiple games to the Palm, you have to split up the multi game PGN's into several single game PGN files. Luckily there is a PERL utility to do it for you, but you need to have a pretty good geek tolerance to use it. Good thing I'm all set there.

2 comments:

King of the Spill said...

I know that can be extremely frustrating. I regularly wrestle with the blog editor as it screws up paragraphs and newlines alot.

Nice games.

Jeff said...

Yeah the blog editor can be annoying too. I've found that putting 2 pictures in a post is really tough.