11/28/2005

Wide Wide World of Blogs

In an effort to become part of the Chess Blogging community I have been travelling around mostly links from Susan Polgar's Blog and I came across the blog of CelticDeath who seems to be about the same strength as me and seriously trying to improve.

Bad Bishops Redux
My opponent in the Bad Bishops game resigned. The final position looked like:


Tonight is club night. The Waterville Chess Club only meets once a week, but it gives me a good opportunity to play OTB chess which is frankly lacking here in Maine. I'll probably post about a club game tomorrow, or maybe tonight while I watch CSI:Miami.

7 comments:

Jeff said...

The Maine Chess websight is so bad that after you click the link you need to wait for it to say "done" then click "refresh" to actually get any content to display.

Theres 4 or 5 rated tournaments in Maine but attendence is sparse due to travel distances and poor road conditions in the winter. During the warmer months it can be hard to convince a Mainer to spend a weekend indoors playing chess so the tournament scene suffers.

Unknown said...

I came in here via CelticDeath's post about your blog. You have a nice blog here and I look forward to reading your posts.

Unknown said...

I came in here via CelticDeath's post about your blog. You have a nice blog and I look forward to reading your chess pursuits.

David Glickman said...

Hi there!

Welcome to the chess blogosphere. If you are looking to connect with other chess bloggers, you can find the most comprehensive and up-to-date lists of chess bloggers and knights errant (like CelticDeath) at Boylston Chess Club Weblog.

Unknown said...

Hello, what is your user name at FICS? I'll put you on my notify list.
Mine is dreadpiratejosh

Jeff said...

Thanks for the comments, and welcome messages. BTW I've been to all your blogs at least once too.

Pawn Shops Los Angeles said...

There are a plenty of services offered by Pawn Shops Los Angeles where you can get the money you need quickly. Like get a loan without giving away your personal financial information.