11/22/2005

How to use this space

I'm not sure how to use this space at the moment. My thought is it won't be terribly instructive to anyone other than myself. It will give me a spot to post some analysis of my own games and afford me the chance to get some feedback on that analysis, assuming I ever have any visitors.

I'm going on the theory right now that studying openings will not help me improve much. I do have a couple of books on openings but I mostly just look to be prepared for the first 5/6 moves so that I can get started without any major surprises. Then I try to apply the basic rules of chess I've known since I was in 4th grade, and Silman's imbalance technique as best I can.

I spend most of my study time trying to assess the imbalances in various positions from opening, to endgame and devise a plan for each side. I believe the majority of what you will find here is my thoughts about positions from my online games, and club games and what I thought the plan should be for one or both sides.

I might also post some endgame studies or miniatures I come across that I find instructive if for no other reason than because spending the time on the position to post it should help me solidify it in my mind and remember it. I hope any beginning or intermediate chess players will find this blog somewhat instructional as well. Maybe we can even attract some better players to help point out where our analysis is gone astray and we can all learn from that.

No comments: