1/04/2006

Todays Progress



About half way through the first module of Personal Chess Trainer. Module 1, unit 1 was mate in 1 problems. Module 1, unit 28 we are up to very forced mate in 4's and obscure (hard to spot) mate in 2's.

I find it interesting some of the problems I miss. Its hard to explain why I miss some problems and solve others easily. I hope to put more thought into this as I progress through the training. If I can figure out why I have difficulty spotting certain types of solutions I think it will be easier to correct the problem.

4 comments:

Temposchlucker said...

If I can figure out why I have difficulty spotting certain types of solutions

Very interesting research! Keep us informed.

Blue Devil Knight said...

That old guy with the stopwatch kind of freaks me out.

I just don't trust him.

world said...

Hi!
Nice blog! I am also trying out PCT. You can see my comments here:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sudheerd/

If you've made more progress with it, I will be interested in knowing how it affected your rating.

Anonymous said...

I tried the chess trainer and loved it!