9/14/2007

Round 3 Pairings - Predictions

Well, round two had much harder fought battles with the exception of Gelfand vs. Grischuk. At move 23 I thought Aronian had a win against Anand, but not only did Vishy ward off the white attack he capitalized on it and pulled out the full point. Kramnik did in fact win with white over Moro as I had predicted. The final game worthy of comment Svidler vs. Leko ended in a hard fought draw, even still with queens on the board and a Pawn advantage (2 if you could Leko's doubles as 1) I would have though Svidler would push for the full point.



I thought Levon was a winner after 23. f4

Round 3 Pairings
Alexander Morozevich vs. Peter Svidler
Viswanathan Anand
vs. Vladimir Kramnik
Alexander Grischuk vs. Levon Aronian
Peter Leko vs. Boris Gelfand

Qxh7# Predicted Winners
Aronian
Leko

Actual Round 3 winners
Moro

http://partidas.chessmexico.com/

2 comments:

Blue Devil Knight said...

Great series of posts so far!

Anand and Kramnik could be fun, if they don't draw in 4 moves. Actually, that would be pretty damned funny.

They are the only two I really know anything about, unfortunately :O

Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said...

I wonder what the Kramnik-Vishy scorecard is? I'm predicting a draw on that one. Leko and Aronian with wins is entirely possible.